We are a consolidated and important insurance broker belonging to an international group that operates in more than 50 countries; we are leaders in our field.
We are seeking a personable and ambitious individual to assist in growing our Iberian business. The role will require an entrepreneurial approach and willingness to use initiative but also a strong Spanish legal grounding, with solid understanding of warranties, indemnities, limitations and indeed the general structure of Spanish SPAs. With access to, and support from Howden M&A team’s extensive skill set (both in London and Madrid), the successful candidate will:
- Learn about the M&A insurance market and the risks assumed by the insurance market.
- Understand and learn the unique Howden M&A approach to broking which has underpinned our growth across Europe.
- Engage with clients and in time run transaction processes from an insurance perspective.
- Engage and work together with our specialist tax, environmental, title and litigation teams when placing tax, environmental, title and litigation policies.
- Join business development meetings and pitches with investors and legal advisors, and in time run these meetings and develop own client base.
Given the bespoke nature of the policies (essentially, they are extensions of SPAs) and the complex risks covered, this process requires intellectual rigor and technical expertise. Each deal is unique and an ability to think ‘outside of the box’ is key! Providing an excellent service and client centric approach is fundamental to what we do.
- A determination and willingness to learn about a new, although related market to the “traditional” M&A market.
- Insurance knowledge is not required and will be provided by Howden.
- Written and oral business fluency in Spanish and English.
- 2-4 year qualified Spanish lawyer at a leading Spanish or International M&A law firm.
- Organized, articulate, personable and willing to meet clients/prospective clients and their advisors to explain our offering.
- The ability to understand and analyse legal documents (SPAs, IAs, APAs etc.) and identify the information that will be most key to a prospective insurer.
- The ability to understand and analyse legal due diligence reports, including matters that you may not have come across before on previous transactions.
What we offer
- Permanent Contract
- Excellent retribution package
- Great opportunity to grow with the business
- Be part of the Company Training plan